If you are flying to South Africa, chances are that you will touch the ground of Johannesburg, the most visited city in the country. It is the biggest transportation hub not only in South Africa, but in neighboring countries as well. As a result, you are likely to spend a day or two in Johannesburg, which can be enough to brush through most major attractions of the city. Being the most important city in the country, Johannesburg can rightly be proclaimed as the crown of South Africa tourism.
An enchanting city indeed, Johannesburg has begun to emerge as a tourist-friendly destination. Luxurious hotels, trendy restaurants, swanky bars and scintillating casinos are like nowhere in the country. Besides, travelers on holidays can seek a perfect blend of sun, sports and safari. Shopping, dining and nightlife are also among the best in the country. To put the icing on the cake, airlines and selected travel companies are alluring visitors with cheap flights from London to Johannesburg with best travel deal in the UK.
Here are some of the things that make Johannesburg the crown of South Africa tourism.
- Johannesburg Zoo: With more two thousand wildlife attractions, the zoo offers you an opportunity to learn about the flora and fauna of South Africa. It is a family-friendly destination, showcasing many interesting animals and allowing visitors to tour and learn more about their habits and habitats.
- Apartheid Museum: History buffs must check out Apartheid Museum, which presents a series of exhibits depicting the hardest time of South African history. It is almost guaranteed that you come out of the museum a changed person. It is not exaggeration to state that some even book flights to Johannesburg from London just for the sake of Apartheid Museum and similar other institutions.
- Gold Reef City: It is one place that attracts families as well as single travelers. The theme park has attractions to facilitate both kinds of travelers. For example, kids and enjoy various rides, families can go shopping or relish food at one of the many restaurants here. Singe travelers or those seeking nightlife can find here a selection of bars, restaurants and casinos. The best attraction, however, is a tour of a real gold mine upon which the entire structure has been built.
- Lesedi Cultural Village: Johannesburg leads South Africa in many respects. Besides its most important role in the country’s history, the city has served as a cauldron to keep together a diverse range of cultures, languages, rituals and cuisines. This particular aspect can best be experienced at Lesedi Cultural Village, which offers a potpourri of different cultures, foods and traditions. Among the notable cultural groups include Zulu, Pedi, Xhosa, Basotho and Ndebele.
- Constitution Hill: It is an important landmark that continues to serve as a relic of the country turbulent past. Travelers taking flights to Johannesburg can find a magnificent Old Fort Prison Complex at Constitution Hill, which was used to captivate political leaders like Nelson Mandela and Mahatma Gandhi.